ME Group Australia Expression of Interest
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Group Australia Ltd is a registered Australian charity whose purpose is to advance health for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME). ME Group Australia focusses on the diagnosis, treatment and management of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and aims to:
- Create and or facilitate a network for ME patients and communities.
- Promote knowledge and awareness of ME.
- Promote the official diagnosis of ME for Disability Support Pension, NDIS Access Request, and research participation.
- Provide support for research into the causes, diagnosis, treatment and/or management of the disease.
- Provide information for patients and medical professionals regarding the most recent developments in best practice for diagnosing, treating and/or managing ME.
- Establish and operate clinics for the diagnosis, management, and treatment of ME, for research collaboration and the provision of support for sufferers.
- Lobby and facilitate the Application for the Recognition of Medical Specialty of ME under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law.
ME Group Australia is looking for passionate individuals to volunteer their time on our Board in the capacity as a Board member, Committee member or Advisor to the Board. Board members must possess the following attributes:
- Commitment and passion for advancing the diagnosis, treatment and management of ME
- Commitment to the values of MEGA – We are: Respectful, Ethical, Knowledgeable, Action Orientated
- Knowledge and experience in Board Governance
Additionally, we are looking for Board members who have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following competency areas:
- Health care sector
- Health care research
- Business growth and development
- Marketing and communications
Why Join ME Group Australia (MEGA)
You will be joining a passionate group of experienced Board members who want to make a real difference. MEGA is in the early stage’s growth – this would be your opportunity to see our vision achieved from the beginning. Our Board meetings are held online and are scheduled to accommodate the other commitments of our members and advisors.
Please submit your expression of interest to: MEGroupAustralia@outlook.com