Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Group Australia Ltd is a registered Australian charity whose purpose is to advance health for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) by undertaking any of the following activities regarding the diagnosis, treatment and management of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME):
- Creating and or facilitating a network for ME patients and communities.
- Promoting knowledge and awareness of ME.
- Promoting the official diagnosis of ME for Disability Support Pension, NDIS Access Request, and research participations.
- Providing support for research into the causes, diagnosis, treatment and/or management of the disease.
- Providing information for patients and medical professionals regarding the most recent developments in best practice for diagnosing, treating and/or managing ME.
- Establishing and operating clinics for the diagnosis, management and treatment of ME, for research collaboration and the provision of support for sufferers.
- Lobbying and facilitating the Application for the Recognition of Medical Specialty of ME under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law.
* These activities may be undertaken on an Australia wide basis.
We envisage the first ME Clinic as a small GP surgery style in Logan City, QLD which will provide “official ME diagnosis” and symptom management strategy until effective pharmaceutical treatment is introduced through research and trials.
Until such time as better diagnostic criteria can be published, the company will adopt Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: International Consensus Criteria (ME (ICC)) for planning and operation of the company. The clinic will adopt International Consensus Primer for Medical Practitioners (ICP) as a guideline for diagnosis and management.
Logan City is conveniently located between Brisbane and Gold Coast where participants of The National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases (NCNED) is concentrated.