National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Disease (NCNED) has opened the early bird registration for the International Conference RID 2021. You can make the reservation and pay the fee here.
RID stands for Research, Innovation and Discovery.
It is exciting to notice they have significantly reduced the fee this year and introduced concession fee for patients! They will also introduce virtual attendance to accommodate the logistic challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. With this generous change, patients all over the world can tune into the exciting updates from prestige researchers.
According to their Facebook page, there will be a break out resting room with beds beside the conference room for ME/CFS attendees. It would be a fun occasion for patients who are lucky to be there.
Some of the information from the conference banner
Sea World Resort and Conference Centre
Corner of Muriel Henchman Drive and Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 16 October 2021
Abstract Submission Open: 2 April – 15 September 2021
Free Networking Session: 16 November 2021
Conference: 16 – 17 November 2021
Fee (in Australian Dollar)
- Early Bird Full Registration $70 for 2 days (Prior to 16/10/2021) includes Free Networking Session, Morning & Afternoon Teas and Lunches
- Early Bird Full Registration for ME/CFS patients $50 for 2 days (Prior to 16/10/2021) includes Free Networking Session, Morning & Afternoon Teas and Lunches
- Normal Full Registration $100 for 2 days (from 17/10/2021) includes Free Networking Session, Morning & Afternoon Teas and Lunches
- Normal Full Registration for ME/CFS Patients (from 17/10/2021) – $80 for 2 days includes Free Networking Session, Morning & Afternoon Teas and Lunches
- Early Bird One Day only $35 (Prior to 16/10/2021)
- Early Bird One Day only for ME/CFS Patients $25 (Prior to 16/10/2021)
- Normal One Day One Day only $50 (from 17/10/2021)
- Normal One Day One Day only for ME/CFS Patients $40 (from 17/10/2021)
- Virtual attendee Full Registration $30
Please note: No Refund if cancelled within 10 business days of the event.
Conference topics include:
- International ME/CFS Perspectives
- MRI Imaging: Application in ME/CFS
- Ion Channel Physiology: Application in ME/CFS
- Patient Perspectives & Challenges
- Clinical Presentations & Treatments
- International Research Innovation
- Research Evaluation & Translation
- COVID19 & ME/CFS
NCNED has been using the International Consensus Criteria (ME-ICC) for research participants selection. Therefore, their research findings are relevant to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
List of NCNED’s publications can be found here.